Montag 21. Mai 2012 von htm
INVITED SEMINAR, 23 FEBRUARY 2012, LONDON by Rand Corp.
PROVISIONAL SCOPE AND PURPOSE
In the context of growing policy interest in pricing policy as a tool to address alcohol harms, researchers from the European Commission co-financed by the ALICE RAP project1 and RAND Corporation, organised an invitation-only meeting of policy-makers and researchers working on alcohol pricing and related issues.
The meeting aimed to address some of the specific questions policy-makers in the UK are confronting as they consider policy options. With a focus on excise taxation, minimum pricing, restrictions on promotions and discounts, and bans on below cost sales, some of the specific questions for discussion included:
· the implications of the various policy options for different segments of the population;
· the impact of different policies on fiscal revenue;
· pass-through from tax changes to consumer prices;
· the effects of pricing approaches on the use of other substances like tobacco and illicit drugs, illegal alcohol consumption, cross-border trade, etc.
· the difference for on- and off-trade sales of different pricing policies. ….
(Source: Alcohol Reports, 05/18/12) alicerap.eu
Dieser Beitrag wurde erstellt am Montag 21. Mai 2012 um 10:25 und abgelegt unter Alcohol taxes, Allgemein, consumption, Events, Global, morbidity, mortality, Other Drugs, Parliaments / Governments, Politics, Prevention, Price, Research, Social Costs, societal effects, Watchdogs. Kommentare zu diesen Eintrag im RSS 2.0 Feed. Die Kommentare sind derzeit geschlossen, aber sie können einen Trackback auf Ihrer Seite einrichten.